So ladies... here are some helpful summer dress guidelines to help you out. Also check out Polyvore for great ideas!
- If your work place allows open toe shoes, cute strappy sandals are OK
- Absolutely NO FLIP FLOPS. If you must where them on your commute, make sure you can switch to more professional shoes when you get to the office
- NO tank tops. As a rule of thumb, try to have some sleeves on your shirts or dresses. If that's not possible, than try to wear a light weight cardigan over the shirt of dress
- Work style capris are another option to stay cool but try to make sure they are similar fabric to your light weight dress pants
- Embrace summer dresses and skirts, but watch the hem-length. Try not to wear anything that is too far above the knee. You should be able to sit,stand, and bend over without worrying about giving anyone a peep-show
Rule of thumb: If you find yourself asking “could I get away with that?” then don’t wear it.
Vanessa Bruno shirt dress
J Crew flat sandals
MICHAEL Michael Kors leather tote, $299
Gold bangle, $12
Miss Selfridge gold stud earrings, £6
Dorothy Perkins wide belt, £10