Saturday, January 14, 2012

Personal Training: First Day Recap

So as apart of my promise to myself to make 2012 different from all of my other weight-loss attempts, I decided to get a Personal Trainer. This was definitely a sacrifice financially but I figured that it would be worth it and I owe it to myself to do everything I can to help me lose weight. I have 20 sessions with my personal trainer and I plan to share some of the tips and different exercises that I learn with you guys.

On the first day I spent with my trainer he spent the ENTIRE session going over his goals for me as far as what weight I should aim for and he described what type of exercise regimen he would be using with me. He also went over a nutrition plan for me to follow. Although the nutrition plan is not anything drastically different from what I have been doing, he went over what foods I should be incorporating daily, and which foods to stay away from.  I will outline my nutrition plan in a separate post for you guys to read.

After the first time meeting my Personal Trainer I knew that I made the right decision. I finally had someone other than myself to be accountable to, especially when it comes to my eating. I have to tell you that after my first official training session, my legs are still sore three days later. I thought that I went hard on myself at the gym, but man was I wrong! I really pushed myself to complete all of the exercises and now I discovered muscles in my legs that I did not know existed. I think my trainer is a great guy but during our sessions I pray that he suddenly loses his voice so that I don't have to finish my workout. I know it sounds horrible but I really felt like I was going to die, my heart was beating out of my chest, my legs felt like spaghetti, and the sweat was dripping like I was in the hot Miami sun. But after leaving the gym I felt the workout, and I left my heart on the treadmill.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...