Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Eating Healthy on a Budget


Lately I have been noticing that the prices of food have been out of control. I was never one to cut coupons but I think I might look into it now, my last trip to the grocery store absolutely blew my mind. It is becoming more and more tempting to buy the tasty but unhealthy processed food, because at times it can be cheaper than buying fruits and vegetables. Luckily I came across this great article on msnbc.com that gives some great pointers on how to eat healthy on a budget. If you have a few minutes take a look and jot down some notes, I am definitely going to give this a try before my next trip to the grocery store. 

Here are my favorite 5 tips I found in the article:
  1. Before you head to the store write down a list of what you need to purchase and stick to it! (this is my biggest problem, I normally leave my list at home or work, so I'm going to try keeping a list in my phone since I never leave home without it).
  2. Shop the perimeter of the store, this is where you will usually find the healthier choices.
  3. Look for sales on fresh fruits and vegetables, and opt for picking up a large bag of fruit instead of single large fruits priced per pound.
  4. Buy generic, although we all love name brands usually the generic foods have the same nutritional values whether bagged or canned.
  5. Make your own snacks! Instead of purchasing pre-bagged or single serving snacks pick up some small snack sized bags and create your own favorite snack.
Just thought I would share some helpful tips, hope you enjoy!

As always thanks for reading and stay fab <3








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...