Wednesday, October 24, 2012

#50in52 Week 4

I'm baaaack! This week had its up and downs, BUT today's weigh in put a smile on my face! So if you have been following, the last time I reported results was in week 2 since in week 3 I took advantage of a "free pass" and didn't share my results so I could sulk in private...I had gained another 1.6 lbs. Yes... 2 weeks of gains so something was wrong.....


As I was sitting here... trying to calculate how much I have lost/gained/tried to lose/ect in terms of the 50in52...because I didn't want to share my actual weight, I was getting so frustrated. (I made this internal pack that my name, face and weight would never show up in a blog post together.) Why can't I just type my actual weight? It would be a hell of a lot easier to just do that.

I don't want to be judged.

So silly, I know. I am so sensitive about the physical number because I don't want that to be what stays in anyone's mind. I know that it is always in my head, despite how I look or feel, so if I cannot get past it, how can anyone else? So, I will break my internal rule... and just share my weight.. starting with week 1.

Week 1 177.8lbs Starting weight on the challenge (highest weight ever is 185.5)
Week 2 181.2 (+3.4)
Week 3 182.8 (+1.6)
Week 4 180 (- 2.8)

And yes, you read that right. -2.8lbs lost in the past week. BUT, I am also trying something new... and I would be dishonest if I did not let you in. Did you read Amber's post about finishing what she started? I started juicing on Monday with her. I am NOT doing it for every meal though and I allow myself to snack on unsalted or lightly salted nuts throughout the day. I juice for breakfast, lunch and eat a reasonable, small portioned dinner. So far it is not terrible. I am a bit tired and lethargic, but it is doable. In week 5, I will really be able to tell how it is working for me. 

I'm excited, nervous, anxious, but sooooo ready for a change. I even got my husband in on the weight loss action this time around. We had a conversation about the type of support I need, and I noted that I need to have a little more help at home. It's hard to juice when I see him eating massive amounts of juicy jerk chicken and rice and peas. To motivate me, he says he will buy ANY Michael Kors bag I want when I lose 20lbs. Obviously, I said DEAL. I am not sure if he knows how pricey MK bags can be... but I will try to be reasonable. 

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...