Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Simply Grateful




Hello to all of our beautiful readers. I could not wait to write this post. As you may have noticed I haven't been commenting on your latest blog posts, and most importantly I haven't been posting anything on WIOG and that is because I have been without power since Hurricane Sandy hit. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm safe and my family is safe but we are still without power, today marks 9 days since we have been without power. Today is my first day back to work, and I just had to sneak out on my lunch break and write a quick post. You guys don't even understand how badly I wanted to catch up with you guys and keep you guys updated with my life but I spent this time with my family.

Although Hurricane Sandy destroyed many homes, I am so thankful and grateful that God spared my life and he protected me and my family. My heart truly goes out to all of the families who are suffering from the hurricane but at the end of the day we must be thankful for the little things in life. I can't even lie, I have missed all of the favorite television shows, and every night I eat by candlelight but in the midst of everything I still give God thanks for my family. We have not spent this much time together in such a long time, we have laughed together and reminisced about old times and I have enjoyed every second of it. I just ask that you keep us in your prayers that our power comes back soon. 


6 comments:

  1. so glad to hear that you are OK!

    praying and hoping that your power comes back soon. i can't even imagine. the things we take for granted that we don't even realize how much we depend on it ... scary thought.

    but again, i'm so happy to hear that you are safe and sound.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Faith, you are so right we take so much for granted. I am just grateful to be alive and safe!!!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you are ok. God is definitely good. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as well as all of those that have been affected by this storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is awesome. Thank you for your prayers!!!

      Delete
  3. I pray that your power comes back soon and I am so grateful to God that He kept you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I appreciate the prayers!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...