Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Welcome to 2013!

It's 2013! I hope that you were able to enjoy your holiday season! 2012 was a complete world wind... especially these last few weeks. I am all too happy to be entering a new year, with new goals, and new expectations. Last year, I wrote a letter to myself but this year I don't think that I want to make any formal resolutions. On my personal Facebook page I said that I would just like to be "a better wife, daughter, sister, granddaughter, godmother, god-daughter, niece, cousin and friend to my family and friends." What I forgot is that I want to also be better to myself. As corny as it sounds, I just want to "do better". Period.

To help get me in the "do better" attitude, I am linking up with ShrinkingJeans.net for their New Year's weight loss challenge. I am on a team with 2 other lovely ladies, and our team name is Mission Slimpossibles. There will be goals, check ins, and other fun things to do in the upcoming weeks, and of course I will keep you in the loop.

New Year's Weight Loss Challenge

Ya'll also know that nutrition is my main problem when it comes to weight loss, so I am participating in the New Year, New Rules 15 day Program from Prescribe Nutrition. I have been looking into eliminating gluten from my diet, and I have always been a "fan" (note I didn't say participant) in clean eating; and this plan is all about that. Plus it is only 15 days! How bad can it be? (Special congrats to Mindy Artze who won the first WIOG giveaway for the NYNR plan too!)

I will also still be working with my fabulous trainer James 3 times per week... as long as my knee will allow it. My knee has been swollen for the last 2 weeks, so I will be calling my doctor tomorrow to get an MRI to make sure that everything is alright. He assures me that I can still lose weight and keep my top half active even if my knee is out of wack, so I am hopeful. I will be bringing my behind to the gym tomorrow to do the arm bike just the way I would do the elliptical.

Last but not least, if you follow me on twitter (KandidlyKim) you may have seen a little tweet about me being featured on Shape.com! Head on over and check out the story. There were 14 bloggers highlighted.
 
How were your holidays? And did you decide to make a formal resolution?

2 comments:

  1. Girl YES TO IT ALL!

    I love shrinking jeans! and your team name! Mission slimpossibles!! LOL iGiggled.

    AND OMG OMG I HAVE A FRIEND FEATURED ON SHAPE.COM!!! congrats, what a pretty picture!!

    I didn't think your facebook status was corny AT ALL as a matter of fact I "liked" it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nellie! I love your comments with your intended puns! :) Happy New Year, girlie!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...