Thursday, February 14, 2013

#50in52 Week 20: Too busy to not eat right


My-my-my, the past week has been crazy busy with work, school, and interning. I am at the point at work where I am so incredibly busy that I feel like I have to reply to emails at home because I simply did not have the time at work. Hence, why you are also seeing this post in Thursday vs Wednesday. This may be the trend for a little while. But onto the real news...

I am staying away from the scale as much as possible to avoid the emotional roller coaster that goes with that. Since my focus has not been on the scale, I am looking more and more at how my clothes fit, and they are looser!


I took a quickie bathroom pic at my internship on Tuesday night and noticed that I have a good sized gap in my pants that used to be oh-so-form-fitting! So I feel good. James, my trainer, says that he can see me shrinking too, AND my husband noticed as well. As good as weight loss feels when YOU know you see a difference, it still feels amazing when someone else takes notice as well. 

I really think that the recent progress can be attributed to my eating. I woke up last Saturday and just got real with myself. 

I am unhappy because I am not doing what I need to do to be happy. 

It kills me that I know what to do. I spend so much money on getting books about weight loss, interviewing people who have had success, and I hear all of the same stuff. I know what I need to do, and I decided to just "woman-up" and do it. Somedays are easier than others, but thankfully (well... maybe not thankfully) my schedule is crazy, so I have to pack my food ahead of time or I probably won't get the time to eat throughout the day, sadly. Yes, my life has gotten that busy. I want to give myself one more week of my new nutrition plan, and then I will update ya'll soon.

Thank you for bearing with me through the crazyness! I have been working on a lot of projects (inside & outside of the blog world! I promise to spill the beans soon!) And don't forget to come back for the next installment of Friday FITspiration!

OH! And Happy Valentine's Day, loves!



PS: Since I have been a tad MIA in the blog world, I have tried to stay more active on twitter & instagram, so follow me! My name is @KandidlyKim on BOTH sites.

3 comments:

  1. Love dropping the focus of the scale. While it's good as an initial way to make sure you're in the right direction, it's great to be free from it and focus on how you look and feel instead! Congrats on the pants fitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! It really mentally helps me not got crazy.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...