Thursday, June 23, 2011

Water Weight

This week has been a hard weight loss week. Some days we have been super duper motivated to kick butt at the gym and other days we sit in the office looking for the next snack. A major reason is because we have felt super bloated because it was *cough*cough* that time of the month*cough*.

So on top of the regular terrible monthly experience the scale showed that we were 2-3lbs heavier than last week. The Mayo Clinic had an article to talk about how to combat this. Of course, the number one thing to do is physical exercise. But it can be so hard to get moving when you feel so yucky.

The next suggestions were to avoid salt and to eat a healthy diet. Avoiding salt was  not something that I had heard of before. I know eating a lot of salt can make you drink more water, but I didn't know that it could make you extra bloated. I will have to try these suggestions out and see if they make a difference. I normally don't do anything different when it is that time of the month. Occasionally, I force myself to do some cardio because it eases the cramps but that is about it. Forcing myself to do any physical activity when my stomach is cramping is hard enough, but if it is supposed to help, I'll be up for it. I guess I will have to replace my potato chip cravings with something healthier than too. We will see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...