Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Motivation

When it comes to fitness, motivation is something that is essential. Without motivation, why would anyone torture themselves to sweat off excess pounds?!? When you are working out to lose weight, please, tell me, who enjoys working out until you are out of breath and dripping sweat? It is painful, and it is not fun. Yes, exercise releases endorphins which make people happy, but to get to the point that endorphins are released = not fun.


Today at the gym, I had a mini- ephipany. I was in a high intensity class, that was kicking my butt royally, and I was getting ready to take a quick break since my arms where on fire from doing squats with all types of bicep curls... and I thought to myself " You are never going to reach your goal if you do not start to push through this pain". It didn't hurt to a point where I felt I was hurting myself (I then agree to STOP immediately, if it is that type of pain), but it burned... a lot. I looked around the room and saw all different ages, races, and sizes of women pushing through the exercises and I figured that is everyone else can do it... so can I.

Not standing up to the challenge of taking care of my body has me in the predicament that I am in now; I lost control completely. Now is my time to get back in the driver's seat and take control of my life. In the past week, I have even GAINED back a few pounds. That is completely unacceptable right now. I worked super hard to take of those 10lbs, and I am not going to sabotage myself.

So, it is a new day. A renewed sense of commitment has been found. I know I can do this. Finding Amber has also been a huge help because I know that I am not alone on this journey. WE can do this.

2 comments:

  1. I go through the same thing on a smaller scale with my push ups lol, but yea you have to push a little past that initial pain. You'll be surprised how far you go. A lot of it is mental like having to go to the bathroom more as you reach nearer to one. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I pushed through and did 2 classes yesterday. My legs are still burning today though. Thanks for the kudos. I need to work on my push up game too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...