Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weightloss Wednesday:How Much Are You Really Eating?



So Kimberly and I went to our weekly weight watchers meetings on Monday and we talked about how important it is to measure your food. I personally do not measure my food, but after attending this meeting and doing some research of my own, I am definitely going to purchase some measuring cups and possibly a food scale. A common misconception that everyone has is knowing exactly how much food you are consuming. One of the keys to weight-loss is portion control, however in order to really monitor your portions you first need to know how much is in one serving in comparison to what you really put on your plate.

Accurately measuring food is an important part of understanding correct serving sizes. I think that not measuring my food might be one of the reasons why I am at a standstill in my weight loss. I know for sure that I am eating less than I used too, but this does not necessarily mean that I am eating the correct serving sizes. I found this great article about food scales, and it is extremely informative. I think I am going to make a trip to Walmart or Target and purchase some measuring cups and possibly a food scale. I am curious to see if I am eating correct serving sizes;I will definitely have a follow up post to let you all know if there is a difference. Hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. i know i was huge on portion control when i was planning my wedding .. i lost a lot of weight that way. i am finally getting back on the wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...