Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesdays: Slow and Steady

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

If you've been following our weight loss, these past few weeks have been pretty good for Amber and I.  If anything, I am a true believer in the WW program now. The group leaders always say that if you stick to the program, you will see a change. Period. And we have. The first few weeks were rough, but once we buckled down, we saw some changes. I have lost 3lbs over the past two weeks and I am hoping to see at least another 5 - 8 lbs by the end of September.

In the meetings a common theme during the sharing part is about slow and steady weight loss. Losing pounds too fast can result in a rebound effect where you gain back all of the weight (and more) in most cases. They strongly promote an average loss of .5 - 2lbs per week tops. Yes, some weeks we lose more. Yes, if you are heavier you will see larger losses (especially in the beginning). But for the most part, slow and steady leads to an overall change that is more permanent.

So, since I have blown my original goals that I set here. I am going to update them to more realistic goals.

Goal 1: 172lbs by October 1st, 2011 (10% Goal)

And, I think I am just going to stick with 1 realistic goal at a time. When I try to set multiple goals, I start to feel overwhelmed. So, I am going to take it slow and steady, with small attainable goals along this journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...