Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Weightloss Wednesdays: Eating Smarter

Eating Smarter
 
So as you guys already know Stacy and I have recently joined Weight Watchers. Although on my first weigh-in I was actually less than I expected, after my first week I actually gained a pound, which felt like a total slap in the face. I mean at this point I'm paying to help me lose weight and my first week I gained. I'm over it now, it makes no sense on dwelling on it, now I know that I just have to work harder.

Whether you are on WW or not, the key to losing weight is not only to learn how to eat less but to learn how to eat smarter. For example, instead of having a sandwich and chips for lunch try incorporating more fruits and veggies into your meal, that way you can still enjoy some of your favorite foods and be full. Obviously your eating habits are not going to change overnight, but by making small changes each day it will become easier to make healthier food selections.

I know for me I have begun to eat more fruits and veggies, of course they are not my fav, but if I eat the veggies first I can eat my fav food last, and by then I am already full. A prime example is my last Sunday dinner, I made chicken, string beans, baked mac and cheese and potato salad. I absolutely love baked mac and cheese but I know that it is not the healthiest. So I piled my plate with string beans, added my chicken, and then there was only a little space for my mac and cheese. Once I finished eating my string beans and chicken I was feeling full, so the little serving of mac and cheese satisfied my taste buds but did not add too much fat and calories.

Everyone has their favorite snack and its important to incorporate them in moderation, so that when you have a craving for ice cream you only eat ONE serving instead of the whole pint!

2 comments:

  1. Such great advice! I sometimes forget to fill up on veggies first. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, I'm still working on it as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...