Thursday, August 18, 2011

Consistency is KEY!



Lately I have been doing a lot of reflection about this weight loss journey of mine, and I have realized that I lost the most weight when I devised a plan and stuck with it. Recently I have been frustrated that I have not been losing weight as quickly as I was before, and I know that this is because I keep changing something. First, I tried to research lower calorie and lower carb diets, I stuck to that for about month if that, and when I didn't get the results I wanted I changed my exercise regimen. Research is great and its always good to find new ways to improve your exercise regimen and way of eating, but you have to be CONSISTENT to see real results.

So now I know that I have to stick to something. Since Kimberly and I have joined Weight Watchers, we have both been double tracking with MyFitnessPal. So now in addition to staying within my daily allotted points I can monitor around how many calories I consume. As for my exercise routine, between vacationing and a slight loss of motivation I have not been consistent with my exercise. One week I'm going everyday and then the next week maybe once a week. So I need to find the right balance. Since I like to weight train, I know that you at least need a day of rest to let your muscles repair, so I'm thinking about going back to my old routine of going to the gym 4 times a week.

I feel like in life everyone is looking for a quick fix, those who want money, want it fast, those who want to be a CEO, want it fast, those who are looking for a fulfilling relationship want it fast, and those who want to lose weight, want to lose wait..........FAST!!!! But in the real world, every good thing comes in due season. So now I am going to be content with the weight that I have already lost, and remain consistent with my eating and exercising until I get to my goal. Slow and Steady always wins the race!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...