Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's so much more than weight loss

Since Amber and I started this blog back in June we both had a goal of more than just shedding a few lbs. I can't speak for her, but I can tell you about my personal goals.

This turbulent weight loss journey is all about making me a better me. At the end of this journey my goal is to be "fit" in all aspects of my life, not just in body. (Now please do not generalize me saying this by assuming I mean that "when I am skinny, everything will be better").

  • I am working to be financially fit by cutting down on my credit card debt and contributing more to my personal savings and 401k.
  • I am working on being more spiritually fit by attending church with Mr. Man so we can grow together spiritually and create a spiritual foundation for our soon-to-be-new-family.
  • I am working on being more emotionally fit through writing (in this blog and at home in a journal) to work through some emotional problems.
  • I am working on making my career fit. I recently started a new job where I am much happier and I am working on a masters degree (I cannot wait to graduate in Spring 2013). I have also committed to making myself go out at network more.
  • I am working on creating a fit relationship with Mr. Man. To make sure that we will have a long-lasting marriage.
These are all in addition to making sure that I work on having a fit and healthy body, by means of excercise, losing weight, proper nutrition, ect.). I probably even left a few out of there.

On the Happy Black Woman blog (sidebar... I feel that this blog can help women of all races, not just black women) that I stumbled upon a few days ago, she created a 31 day reset your life challenge that encompasses all of these things and more. I am seriously contemplating doing it at a later date. I am thinking that it may be a great way to enter into the new year, so possibly in December. I will keep ya'll posted though.

Have a fantabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. Super inspirational post! I like the idea of the 31-day challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ya, thank ya! Maybe we can do it together to bring in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...