Monday, September 26, 2011

New Found Love for Cardio

If you haven't tried spinning before.

You. Need. To. 

I have been doing spinning classes 3 days per week at 6am to get my day started. It is such a rush! I recently joined XSport Fitness in Garden City, NY. (A fabulous gym that has everything and then some.)

For spinning classes, I truly believe that it is all about the instructor. I liken spinning to guided imagery on a bike. In the classes I take, the instructors push you to challenge yourself and they really try to make it seem as if all of the participants are racing together in a pack.

Now if this is all Greek to you. Below is the definition of spinning from Wikipedia:

Indoor cycling, as an organized activity, is a form of exercise with classes focusing on endurance, strength, intervals, high intensity (race days) and recovery, that involve using a special stationary exercise bicycle with a weighted flywheel in a classroom setting.
 
In a 60 minute class, according to my heart rate monitor, I burn approximately 500 - 600 calories.  I always leave feeling energized, refreshed, AND sweaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...