Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Achieving versus Overachieving

I am an overachiever.
In my mind, body, and soul.

I am always striving to do more, see more, and be more regardless of the other activities on my plate. I cannot help it. I want to do everything. All of the time. As I am slowly beginning to feel the signs of burn-out quickly approaching, I am realizing that some activities need to be eliminated. I have stopped using Weight Watchers and My Fitness Pal for the moment being. I have stopped worrying obsessively about my weight and excercising. I have allowed myself to have a little bit of fun and go out more BUT I still feel lost sometimes. 

What will reliving myself from the burden of tracking my calorie intake do for me? Am I still losing weight? No. Do I want to lose weight? Obviously yes. Have I been able to stick to something for the long term that will actually help me see some real results? Off and on, but I know I probably cheat. Right now I am feeling emotionally and physically drained. I have been listening to a lot of health related podcasts lately to provide myself with information on what I need to do to feel better. I am trying to allow myself to "be free" and "relax" but sometimes I feel like I am just avoiding the issue. Oprah always says that you have to be ready to lose weight in order to be successful. And this probably goes for a lot of other topics as well. 

So am I ready?

I am not sure. But I know that I want to be. I do know that I need to be okay with not being an overachiever though. That only provides me with a heavier load to carry everyday and more guilt for not doing more. I need to allow myself to feel that it is okay to just do the minimum sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...