Thursday, October 20, 2011

Who is in your circle?

Although this past month has been all over the place, I have really learned a lot about myself and those around me. I find that in life you really know who your true friends are when everything is going wrong. I have found, like most people, that everyone is around and is always there when everything in your life is going well, but once things aren't so great it is hard to find your "friends."

I recently had a conversation with one of my childhood friends and when I got off the phone I was speechless. She called me on a week night and said that she wanted to go out, when I told her that I wouldn't be able to make it, she proceeded to tell me that I'm lame and wack amongst other things that were said. So in my mind I'm thinking: what makes me so wack? Honestly, if the pure fact that I am working full-time and going to school full-time is a problem then I'd rather not be around you.

Many times people hold onto friendships and relationships because of the time that they have invested in it. But at what point is it time to let them go? It is crucial to have supportive and understanding people around you, especially those who can understand or relate to what you are experiencing and help pick you up instead of keeping you down. Of course you do not need someone to determine how you are feeling, but other people can definitely influence the decisions you make and how you feel. I am slowly finding my circle of friends becoming smaller and smaller and I am OK with it, not everyone can accompany you on this journey called Life! It might not be the spring but sometimes you have to do some early spring cleaning and evaluate who is in your circle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...