Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Real Chics Real Food: Homemade Wontons

Disclaimer... this recipe may or may not be the healthiest recipe, but it does taste good.

I love to cook, but sometimes I just have such a hard time following a recipe unless it is super easy. I also have a bad habit of improvising ingredients when I don't have something on the original recipe, and then it turns back into a normal dish that I make. Anywho, I wanted to invite ya'll into my kitchen and show you some things that I make. I cannot promise you that the recipes will be perfect or healthy for that matter, but I will promise you that I will give honest opinions on anything I share with ya'll. Bon appetit!

I found this recipe for Homemade Wontons on Jessica Ralph's blog.

Ingredients for Filling:

  • 1 lb. sausage, chicken or meaty filling of your choice
  • 1 package wonton wrappers
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup chopped watercress
  • 3 dashes of soy sauce
Directions for making the filling:
  • Mix the sausage, watercress and soy sauce
  • Brown the sausage and drain any fat.
  • Allow meat to cool. ( I placed mine in the freezer for 15 minutes, covered.)
  • After the meat is cooled, place 1 tablespoon of the meat in the center of the wrapper. Dip your finger in a little water and run it over the edges of the wonton wrapper before beginning to fold the wrapper into your desired shape. Gently squeeze the edges of the wrapper to ensure that it stays put.
  • Now it's time to fry them up! Place them in enough oil to come halfway up the filled wonton wrapper. It does not have to cover it completely. When the edges get brown, you flip them over. Make sure that your oil is not too hot so you can let it fry slowly and allow your meat to heat up again. Place the fried wontons on a paper towel to let the oil drain off before eating.

I also made a simple sauce for mine combining equal parts of honey and Dijon mustard with a dash of soy sauce. Just blend together until smooth. Dip and Devour! 


Please email me with any questions or let me know if you try it out yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...