Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Facial Care

In the past few months, my skin has literally been going crazy. I WISH my skin was clear like the model to your left. I tried some products that one of my girlfriends was selling (which shall remain nameless because I know so many people use and love them, but they just didn't work for me). My skin broke out like never before! I don't really have acne. Correction: I used to not have acne. So I went to my primary care doctor and got a referral to a dermatologist who helped me look into some things that will make my skin look and feel better. My new regime is as follows.

AM
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
CVS Daily Serum
CVS Ultra Calm Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15

PM
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
CVS Daily Serum
Retin A
CVS Acne Fighting Moisturizer

The key ingredient in this regime is the Retin-A. I had never really heard of this before, but it is supposed to give you clearer skin, fewer breakouts, and an overall better skin appearance. It is also prescription only, so you have to meet with a doctor in order to get a prescription. My dermatologist was nice enough to give me 2 sample tubes as well and since you literally only use a pea-sized amount for your entire face 1x per day, it will last me awhile.

What really makes me happy was that I was able to pick up a lot of the products at CVS, and as you see, I got the generic versions. (CVS Daily Serum which is really the Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum). My health insurance covered a small bottle of the Retin-A AND I had a coupon, so it was $20 too. Anywho, I am hoping to see results in the next few weeks. The Retin-A can make things worse before they get better, but I am hoping I am part of the population that doesn't get the negative effects.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...