Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Real Chics Real Food: Meatballs

My fiance absolutely loves when I make meatballs. This recipe can be made with turkey or beef. Generally, I lean towards the turkey, but my fiance prefers beef, so I entertained his palate.

Ingredients:

1 pkg ground beef or turkey
1/2 of 1 large red onion chopped
1/8 cup chopped water cress
A few slivers of scotch bonnet pepper
2 TBS chopped garlic
2 TBS soy sauce
1 TSP cinnamon
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs ( I used a 1/2cup of homemade breadcrumbs)
Goya Adobo (to taste)
Your favorite tomato sauce ( I used Newman's Roasted Garlic)
Black Pepper ( to taste)


Coat the frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and mix chopped onions, garlic, soy sauce, scotch bonnet pepper, and cinnamon together in the pan. Saute until the veggies become tender.

While the veggies are cooking down, mix 1/2 cup breadcrumbs in with the meat, Abobo, and black pepper. When the veggies are ready, add those to the meat mixture. 
When the meat mixture is fully blended, begin forming 1 - 2 inch balls. I used a regular spoon to remove the meat mixture from the bowl and then form a ball with my hands. Yes, it's messy, but the balls look better that way. Make sure that you really press the meat into the ball shape to make sure that it doesn't break apart while cooking. After all of the balls are formed, place them in a deep frying pan that is coated with cooking spray. Allow the meatballs to brown and make sure you flip them over and move them around in the pan so they don't stick to the pan.



When the meatballs are fully cooked, pour 1/2 of the bottle of tomato sauce over the meatballs and heat thoroughly. Remember to continue to move the meatballs around the pan every few minutes to prevent them from sticking.

I served my meatballs over large shell pasta; my fiances favorite. Enjoy! 

5 comments:

  1. So this looks DELICIOUS but what I really noticed was your nail polish- LOVING the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum! that looks so delish! can't believe i have never made meatballs ... i think i just might have to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies!

    FYI! I made another batch that I will write about soon. I used a little different recipe since Mr. Man wasn't as crazy about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i bought ground turkey last night just so i can finally make some meatballs! gonna use your recipe and i'll let you know how i like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Keep me posted Faith! :)I have another meatball recipe coming out next week too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...