Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Not gaining, just maintaining

If you have been following WIOG for a bit, Amber and I have been taking a "break" from going crazy about our weight loss. This has honestly put me in a great mental space to prepare for the new year. I was overwhelmed with school, work, wedding planning, and trying to count every morsel that I put in my mouth.

Just to make sure that I haven't undone all of my previous hard work, I like to step on the scale at least once a week to keep myself in check. While I know I have been eating pretty "regular" with the exception of adding sugar back into my tea every morning, I also know it is the holidays. Which equals to an extra cookie here or there. Surprisingly, I have been able to maintain my weight! Not a pound more or less. I tracked my food to see how many calories I am eating, and on a bad day I consume up to 2,000. On a normal day, I linger between 1,600 - 1,800. In my blog reading and OCD MyFitnessPal stalking, most people who are maintaining can consume up to 2,400 calories a day! So I am right on target.

Now, if only I was at the actual stage where I am ready to maintain and don't need to worry about losing anymore... lol. 


Anywho, I am still working on putting a blog challenge together to keep myself motivated into the first 60 - 90 days of the new year. I will announce it before the New Year begins so hopefully we can get a good group of us together. I know there is a lot of debating about the pressure of New Year's resolutions, but I know that resolutions can really help motivate you if done correctly.
 

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...