Thursday, December 22, 2011

Vitamin Review: Biotin

So first I have to be honest, I am horrible at sticking to taking my vitamins. I know that everyone should take some type of multi-vitamin, and in my case I need to consistently take a multi-vitamin and iron pills because I am Anemic. However, in real life, it just doesn't happen. Regardless of how many alarms I set, or sticky notes I write, I somehow always tend to stop taking them regularly.

So after watching a couple of natural hair YouTube videos I decided to do some research and here is what I found: Biotin is a B-complex vitamin ( B7 but often referred to as vitamin H) and is water soluble; it plays and important role in cell growth, producing fatty acids and metabolizing fat and amino acids and may be beneficial as well in maintaining a healthy level of blood sugar. Biotin supplements have been found to stimulate new hair and nail growth, aid in preventing hair loss and promote clear and healthy skin.

Biotin is essential for your metabolic process. This vitamin processes many different types of food that you ingest, including carbohydrates, protein and fat. When biotin levels are at the proper levels in your body, the food that you take in will be processed quickly. So if you are trying to lose weight, a Biotin supplement may help, since it is sometimes thought to speed up weight loss, due to its effects on metabolic levels.

Some foods that are rich in biotin are egg yolk, liver, yeast, cheese, butter and some vegetables. So if your diet does not incorporate some of these Biotin filled foods, taking a Biotin supplement maybe a good choice to make. Although Biotin can be prescribed by a dermatologist, you can go to your local pharmacy and grab a bottle, and the great thing is that buying a bottle will not break your pockets. Most bottles range between 6 and 12 dollars at your local CVS, Walgreens or Rite Aid.

After all of this research I think I might need to try and take my Biotin Supplement more regularly. I will definitely let you know my results.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...