Thursday, December 01, 2011

Weight Loss Challenges

 
I always get so amped when I read about challenges.

But then I don't follow them.

I left MFP a few weeks ago because I got so consumed by the social part of it. I would really beat myself up when I saw the posts on my wall after a weekend asking "where are you?" "come back", ect ect. So I decided to move to FatSecret, which is a no frills kind of site where I won't get distracted. I can track my food and leave. :)

Today I was wandering around the site and came across the challenges tab. I love to read challenges, but I can never seem to stay on track. EXCEPT for when I did that detox a few weeks ago. 

Below is a challenge I found from FatSecret. I did edit it a bit for grammer, typos, and to fit my needs (ie, I changed no fast food to no fried foods for Week 9 since I don't eat fast food. If  you want to see the original, just click the link below. Let me know what ya'll think.

30 lbs in 3 months

Open to anyone who want to lose 30 lbs in 3 months the healthiest way possible!

Mini-Challenges 

12 Mini-challenges have been created for this challenge:

Week 1 Challenge is to track everything you eat every day all week.

Guidelines: NO CHEATING! Remember if you bite it ... write it!

Week 2 Challenge is to drink enough water!

Guidelines: Drink at least 6 - 8 glasses of water every day

Week 3 Challenge is to  add some extra exercise.

Guidelines: Make sure you add an extra 30 minutes of activity daily starting this week.

Week 4 Challenge is to reduce your sodium intake

Guidelines: Reduce your sodium intake by at least 10%

Week 5 Challenge is to avoid drinking your calories!

Guidelines: Cut out all sugar in your drinks ... no juices, soda, coffee or tea with added sugar.

Week 6 Challenge is to cut carbohydrates back by 25%.

Guidelines: For this week try eating less breads, pastas, etc.

Week 7 Challenge is to be strong in the face of high calorie temptations

Guidelines: Avoid all high calorie treats and snacks.

Week 8 Challenge is a recipe makeover.

Guidelines: Take your favorite recipe and make it healthier! And of course, feel free to share it!

Week 9 Challenge is to have fast food free week!

Guidelines: Or try eliminating all fried foods if you are not a big fast food eater.

Week 10 Challenge is to boost your exercise this week

Guidelines: Boost your daily exercise up another 15 minutes this week and add in one extra cardio workout.

Week 11 Challenge is to try a new veggie.

Guidelines: Add a new veggie prepared in a healthy way.

Week 12 Challenge is to be proud of yourself this week

Guidelines: Take a minute and reward yourself (without food) then journal what you did that you are proud of and what you could improve on! 

***Also, if any of you like this challenge enough to try it, let me know. Maybe we can all do it together.***

***I am assuming that all participants from FatSecret are eating a healthy diet between 1200-1500 calories per day, exercising 5-7 days per week.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...