Friday, January 20, 2012

Celebrate Your Fitness: The Wonderful World of Spin Class

First let me say Happy Friday! We made it through another week. This morning Kim and I went to the gym at 6AM......yes you read correctly 6AM. This has become our weekly schedule, we try to hit the gym in the morning before work, to get our exercise for the day out the way. For some strange reason today I actually woke up on time and met Kim in the parking lot instead of the usual locker room meet-up. Kim, of course, had the bright idea to introduce to Spin Class this morning.

I have to say, I thought that I was not going to make it through the entire class, especially when I found out that it was an HOUR long. My legs began to cramp up, and although I was not as winded as I thought I'd be, I really wanted to give up. BUT I didn't, I made it through the entire class, and I felt great. Spin Classes are definitely a total body workout. After prying my legs off the bike I felt energetic (maybe because of the Spinners High, or the fact that I heard my favorite Kelly Rowland song, that I sang out loud in the class), and I felt the entire workout in my abs, legs and my arms. Generally, in a 30 minute spin class you can burn up to 500 calories, and in a 60 minute spin class you can burn anywhere from 800 to 1000 calories! I definitely need to invest in a heart rate monitor to see how many calories I burn during a class.

Although my butt was on fire, from the tiny seat, and my legs felt like jello after the class was over, I still feel great, and I was able to celebrate my fitness. I never gave up, and I resisted the urge to turn the resistance down. I wanted to hated Kim for dragging me to the class, but I might turn into a Spin addict, we shall see what happens.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...