I want a Personal Trainer because:
- I want someone to motivate me throughout my workouts at least 1 time per week.
- I want learn new work outs and be able to work out at a higher intensity than I normally do by myself.
- I will have someone to keep me accountable for my actions inside and outside of the gym.
- I will learn about new ways to maintain a healthy eating lifestyle NOT a diet.
- I want someone to accurately measure and track my progress and body fat percentage.
- I will be motivated to work harder because I am paying for the trainer.
- it will motivate me to
And I made a deal with myself that I would only hire a personal trainer if I could pay in cash. GULP.
I refuse to take on any additional credit card debt.
So I had my initial training session with the Fitness Manager last Saturday and learned so much! I told him about my recent rapid weigh gain, and he proved to me in 30 minutes that it was water weight. I lost 2lbs after 30 minutes of intense exercise. If those were "real pounds" then they wouldn't have moved. I will be meeting with my personal trainer bright and early on Thursday at 6am. As always, I will keep you posted.
Also, I told the Fitness Manager about my previous experience with training and he said that every client that my old trainer had gained weight! I originally was blaming me not being devoted to losing weight and not maintaining a proper diet, but he confirmed that most likely no matter what I was eating, I would have gained weight because of the style of workouts. Crazy, right? So he picked out a style of workouts and a trainer to match my goals.
I will let you know just how that style of training goes... I start tomorrow morning!