Thursday, February 02, 2012

How did you do it? with Mini

We are always asking the question of anyone who has had success in weight loss, "How did you do it?" So let's meet Mini from MyFitnessPal, and find out how she did it.


Name: Mini Prensa
Approximate Body Stats: 36, 32, 38

What is your current state in your personal weight loss journey?
The current state in my weight loss journey is at a steady pace towards more weight loss. I am just coming out of my first plateau, which is a common phenomenon that we all encounter when fighting the battle of the bulge. While it lasted a little over a month, I did not let it discourage me. I educated myself and trialed and error-ed some methods and I am back on high gear fat burning mode.

When did you start your weight loss journey?
I started my journey back in February of 2006 at my highest weight of 198lbs. I was getting married that July so I needed to get the weight off. While a wedding is definitely a high motivator for weight loss, it's what happens after the wedding that often makes you fall off the wagon. I managed to go from 198lbs to 168lbs. After the wedding I got comfortable and shot right back up to 180lbs. I decided enough was enough on August 1st, 2011 and with hard work and dedication, I am at 149lbs and still going.

What got you motivated to start losing weight?
I would not call it a motivator but it was my own unhappiness with myself. My own pitty and my own disgust. I got tired of hating my reflection, tired of never feeling sexy, girly and beautiful. I wanted that! So I put on my running shoes and ran towards my goal. No more pitty parties.

What combination of food and exercise worked best for you?
I eat a variety of nutritious foods. I keep my eating clean, meaning nothing processed, high protein and only whole grain carbs. I do have an occasional cheat meal because lets face it, life happens but its not a consistent thing. I do a combination of cardio and strength training. I try to include different workouts into my routine. I tend to not lose any weight when my workouts are the same because my body will get used to the same old moves so I keep my body guessing with different workouts.

Who is your body idol?
Kim Kardashian! She is womanly, curvy and fit!

Share with us your favorite healthy meal or snack.
My favorite snack would have to be my brownie sundae. Warm up a chocolate fiber one brownie, top it with fat free vanilla frozen yogurt and you have got yourself a 120 calorie dessert and I do not feel deprived!

What is your favorite fat-shedding workout?
I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! You will be shredded! That along with any kind of cardio has been the ticket to my success! I currently started P90X so I will let you know how that works out :)

Any helpful tips, tricks, or encouragement you’d like to share.
You have to want it bad enough. You have to work hard for it and know that weight loss does not happen over night. I did not get big over night so I can't expect to lose the weight overnight. There will be set backs, times of tears, joy, sweat and pain. IT IS ALL WORTH IT! I also recommend not being so hard on yourself. If you want that piece of cake, have a little bit. When we deprive ourselves, we will tend to binge and fall off the wagon. Once a week treats are ok and will not stall your progress. We have to be realistic with ourselves and know that this is a lifestyle. Never use the word diet. Diets do not work. Also, educate yourself about what you are eating, where it comes from and is it good for you and keep a food log so that you can see what you are doing wrong. I recommend MyFitnessPal! It has worked wonders for me. Also, eat to live, do not live to eat and live by this
quote, "You can either workout for 60 minutes a day, or be fat 24 hours a day." The choice is ours. It is in each and every one of us to become the best versions of ourselves. Stop seeing yourself as the way you are now and picture yourself as how you want to be and get moving.


Good Luck :)

2 comments:

  1. Great interview. Awesome inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reading <3, there's nothing like good inspiration to help lift your spirits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...