Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weekend Recap: Lexington Park, Maryland

This past weekend I went to Lexington Park, Maryland to help celebrate my oldest aunt's birthday. I had way too much fun, any time I am around family the laughing never stops. Most of my extended family lives in North Carolina, so I rarely get to see them, but when I do it is always a great time. 

Although I do enjoy long distance driving, I let my father and my brother handle all of the driving this time.
Instead I used my time in the backseat for 2 things: sleeping, and my favorite thing to do- taking pictures!



On Saturday our day started with breakfast. My family filled the entire dining room of our hotel and enjoyed a light breakfast accompanied by great stories and laughs. In between breakfast and dinner we all watched the funeral of Whitney Houston (I still cannot believe that she's gone!) Dinner was at the Golden Corral, which is one of my all-time favorite southern restaurants, and to make things better it is buffet style. Although I wanted to eat everything in sight, I started out by filling up on salad, and then I dived into some of my favorite southern cuisine. The food was awesome, and I meant to take pictures of the food and the Chocolate Wonderfall, but I was way too busy eating and enjoying my family. 

This is me before we went out to dinner, and yes I made another bow!!!! I am officially obsessed. I don't know what it is but I feel that they just add just enough flare to any outfit. My bow was definitely one of the main table discussions that night, and I ended up giving some of my cousins tutorials, sometimes you have to share the wealth!



My cousins and I ended the weekend with a night out. We had so much fun and danced the night away. The bar that we went to was all decorated for Mardi Gras, so we got masks and beads, and that just made the night even better. I had such a good workout that night, I was dancing all night long I don't remember leaving the dance floor.


Thanks again for reading, and stay Fab!

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute with your bow. I love when people have large families and enjoy spending time together. Looks like you had a fabulous time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, I think the bow is going to be my signature look from now on. I definitely had a great time, there is nothing like family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...