Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 8 Independence Day Challenge


This Week's Highs
I am starting to get comfortable eating intuitively. I am really working on learning to eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. And I am working on my cravings. I also started a night time regime of heavy lifting for my arms. Super simple: 20lbs dumbbells, 5 bicep curls on each side, 5 shoulder lifts on each side, and 10 standing tricep dips. It is short, sweet and to the point and gets my thigh-looking-arms burning from the heavy.

This Week's Lows
Okay... so still no real weight loss. Yes, it stinks. My waist continues to shrink, but I see no movement on the scale. Sometimes I feel that if I was able to lose JUST 5LBS and see the number on the scale I would feel so much better. I know I need to exercise more, and I will start being more aggressive. I met with an orthopedist today, so I have a new regime to get my back and knee back into fighting shape. 

Hope you week was better than mine!



Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Last week was a little breakthrough for me, hope this week is better! :)

    Hope this week is great for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooohooo! I'm so happy to hear that your week went really well!

      Delete
  2. Thigh-looking arms- hilarious! Don't give up, seeing your waist shrink is a definite sign of progress. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! I was so impressed with your 'highs' that I could hardly listen to your 'lows'. :) Learning when you're truly hungry is critical to long-term lifestyle change. There are so many other reasons that we eat. I like your idea about exercising at night but does it keep you awake? Have a powerful week! Allegra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allegra! I have been doing a lot of reading on emotional eating lately, so I was super excited about my highs. As for exercising at night, as long as it is quick like the workout above OR I really hit the gym hard with high intensity training that leaves me tired... I will be okay with sleep after a nice hot shower. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...