Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Mid-Year New Year's Resolution Check In

As I was going through a few of the tags on WIOG to make sure everything was categorized correctly, I came across my New Year's Resolution post. I almost didn't want to read it, but I felt that it would be a good time to check in. I still have about 5 months to complete any goals that I haven't accomplished yet. My resolutions basically breakdown into 3 distinct areas personal wellness, fitness, and my marriage.
                                                                  Source: beachbody.com via KandidlyKim on Pinterest

I am happy to say that I feel I am well on my way to accomplishing the personal wellness factor. This summer has really brought to light some things that I was keeping in the dark. I was able to face a lot of insecurities that I have, and learn that it is okay to just be me. Unapologetically. Sure, I still have my self-conscious/loathing days, but who doesn't? Over all I am much more comfortable in my own skin. If I didn't mention it before on WIOG, I started seeing a therapist for a greater part of the spring. This helped bring a lot of clarity into my life. I stopped in June because we both came to the decision that I needed to take the reigns in my life and actually put some of the things we talked about into action.

Fitness. Fitness. Fitness. Have you noticed that lately I haven't posted too much about my updated fitness, health, and progress? I will let you in on a little secret, if you don't see posts about it, that means I have probably fallen off a little bit. To be 100% honest, I probably haven't gotten my behind to the gym 3-4 times in one week since June (possibly late May). I have been overwhelmed, stressed, and exhausted. Partially due to the wedding planning, friend drama, and my personal emotional health. When I get like this, it is very hard for my to accomplish anything that I put my mind to. I am hoping that after I return from the honeymoon, and the dust settles, that I will be able to get back on the bandwagon and bring myself into 2013 healthier and happier.

Now about my marriage, you ask? Technically, when I am writing this post I'm not married yet. However, when you are reading this (i.e. right now) I will have been married for under 1 week. Leading up to the wedding, my relationship steadily got better and better though, so I have high hopes for the state of our relationship as we walk into 2013 in a few short months.

Have you checked in to see how you are progressing with your new year's resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...