Thursday, August 09, 2012

True Life: I'm Juicing

Yes, you read the title right, in the quest for finding a smaller and healthier Amber I became a Juicer! Not in a million years would I have ever thought that I would be juicing fruits and vegetables and actually enjoying it. I have never felt better in my entire life and this past week and a half has been nothing short of amazing. Since I pretty much share my entire life with our blogger friends and readers I just had to share the beginning part of my juicing journey.

So in one of my many life changing conversations with Kimmie, we discussed the possibility of juicing. At this point we had both fallen off of the exercise bandwagon, and although our eating is not horrible the scale was not moving and in my personal case it was actually starting to creep up slowly. One morning I weighed myself and I almost died, because I could not believe that I had gained so much weight especially since my clothes are baggy and everything seems to fit just as it did prior to my weight loss.

Kim assured me that most of my weight was due to water weight which I believe because I can't remember the last time I felt my liver floating, and also due to the fact that we weight trained so much I had to have gained a fair amount of muscle. So we spoke to one of our friends that recently lost weight (and looked amazing) and she told us her secret. She actually started juicing while studying abroad. And of course Kim and I started researching, I read, and read, and read until I couldn't read another word, and everything I found raved about the wonderful benefits so I couldn't help but give it a try. In my mind if someone can study abroad and juice all day there should be no reason why I cant juice myself. 

My mom recently purchased a Nutri Bullet which by product of the Magic Bullet and it is perfect, it is an easy clean up and although it is not an actual expensive juicer it still gets the job done and I still reap the benefits. For the most part I put in all of the vegetables and fruits without peeling the skin off, but for some fruits with tougher skin I cut it off. If you are interested in juicing but not ready to cough up the money for an expensive juicer, I would definitely suggest investing in a Nutri or Magic Bullet, you will definitely get your money worth.

So now to the good part, I lost 7 pounds last week!!! I cannot believe it. I have not stepped foot in a gym, and I have not starved myself either. My friend suggested that I watched the Fat Sick and Nearly Dead Trailer, and it is worth watching, it made me even more excited to start juicing. So my quest began, I knew from the beginning that I didn't want to juice all day long, so instead I decided that I would juice for breakfast, lunch and snacks and commit to eating a wholesome dinner. This has worked out great so far. My first day  was a true test because I didn't quite know what recipe to try yet or what fruits and vegetables to mix together, hence the taste wasn't so amazing, but now I pretty much have everything down to a science. I will say that my first day I suffered from headaches, they weren't painful but I definitely felt a headache throughout the day. But after day one it has been smooth sailing. I wake up every day and feel great, AMAZING! I can already see a difference in my skin, my energy is through the roof, and did I mention that I lost 7 pounds? 

The Nutri Bullet came with an extensive book that outlines different juices to try and what juices work best for what so I will definitely let you guys know if I try some and what I thought. But for now my favorite juices are: Spinach, Banana, Strawberry and Blueberry and Kale, Banana, Strawberry, Blueberry and Grapes. These mixes sound gross and the color is definitely disheartening but the taste is actually good. I will do my best to keep you updated with my progress. I am not sure of how long I plan to keep this up, but for right now I can't picture my morning without my juice.



Thanks for reading and as always sat Fab <3

8 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! I was thinking about going the juicing route myself. Will definitely be giving it a shot, probably next month. Just trying to get this weight watchers thing down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to do something to shock my body and get my weight back down. Good Luck with Weight Watchers!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I was just talking to my husband yesterday about wanting to buy a juicer that way I could try my hand at juicing. This makes me really want to give it a shot!!

    Looking forward to your updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith I'm addicted!!!! I would definitely give it a try.I will be sure to post some of my recipes, and of course more about my weight loss!!!

      Delete
  3. I am so proud of you. I know how hard it is to start juicing. The headache is most likely from detoxing. It happened to me when I went through my raw food cleanse. I am so happy to hear about your weight loss. Congratulations. Can't wait to hear about more progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this! Totally the inspiration I needed to push me in the right direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try juicing. I am going to keep a look out for the Nutri bullet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was inspirational! I love fruits and veggies. I can only imagine what it can do for your skin.

    xo,Cortnie
    http;//stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...