Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Real Secret to Happiness

Who doesn't want to be happy? I find that a lot of the times people say they want to be happy but you will find that if you ask them what would make them happy they would be stumped. I was one of these people, in one of my counseling sessions a few months ago my counselor said to me "Amber you keep saying that all you want is to be happy, so what needs to change for you to be happy." I was speechless, I always talk about being happier but I never actually sat down and identified what I wanted to change. 

Yeah a larger salary would be nice, an amazing apartment would be great too, but deep down I was looking for something more. And then I fell in love with myself and things are starting to look up. I know it sounds crazy to say I fell in love with myself but its true. I can honestly say that I love Amber with all of my heart, flaws and all. I have always been the first person to say "you can't love someone else until you love yourself," and then I realized that I should take my own advice.

"To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness."
~Robert Morely~

Love definitely makes the world go round, but it all begins with yourself. When you want other people to treat you well you must first treat yourself well. And if you are looking for love from someone else, you must first fall in love with yourself. So I encourage all of our beautiful readers to love yourselves unconditionally, once you begin to whole-heartedly love yourself you will start to see everything else in your life fall into place.

Thanks for reading loves, and as always stay FAB <3

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely am in love with this post! and the lovely lady behind it. WIOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful post and so true. I am on that journey of loving myself unconditionally "flaws" and all. :) You are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...