Saturday, September 29, 2012

50 pounds in 52 weeks

On September 25th, Chelle from Everyday Polish asked me to join her on her weight loss journey to lose 50 pounds in the next 52 weeks. Just in case the numbers get you crazy, that is 1 pound per week for the next year, with 2 weeks to spare.

And I said yes. 
                                                                       Source: yanilavigne.net via KandidlyKim on Pinterest


Is this doable?
Yes, I may be closer to needing to lose 40 - 45lbs though. My BMI says I can lose a full 50lbs, but I'm afraid to commit to 50lbs right away. And I haven't seen that number on the scale since high school probably
How bad is 1lb a week?
Not bad at all considering some weeks you can obviously lose more, and other weeks will balance it out if you plateau.
Am I motivated?
Yes.
Motivated by what?
That is the major question right there. That is basically asking the question of why I want to lose weight. 

I have been on a pretty steady (off/on) mission to lose weight since April 18th, 2010. Yes, sadly, I said 2010. Many people think I am nuts, because I "have what they are looking for". And sure, that may be fine, but I do not have what I am looking for. I want to be healthy. I want to walk up the flights of stairs at work and not be out of breath when the secretary says good morning. I want to be able to shop in any store at any time and not worry that I will be unable to find anything that properly fits my body. I want to be confident when the summer comes around and not dread/avoid going to the beach. AND when I get to the beach, I want to wear a bikini without being so self-conscious. I want to not be worried when another big event comes up and be upset that I am not "skinny" yet.  I want to practice what I have preached over here at WIOG. I love writing about fitness and health. I can even say that I know a lot about fitness and health. BUT I lack at implementing what I know in my real life.

So I am going to give this another go. A year is an attainable goal, in my opinion. Amber and I joke that if we are not in shape by next summer we are going to give up on the weight loss journey, but I doubt that will happen. We have a constant debate about waiting to get "ready" to lose weight (ie. you have to FEEL it, in order to start a plan) vs just doing it. I am on the just doing it side, and I need to put my money where my mouth is. For once and for all.

I was not going to tell the world as yet, but I rejoined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago. I have pre-paid for 3 months online, so we will see where I am in November (I think) and re-assess what my next plan will be. 

Wish me luck, join me, or motivate me please! I need all the support I can get. 

8 comments:

  1. Good luck! You can do it and you will do it! I'm watching you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith! And seriously that helps to know that. I gotta be like you!

      Delete
  2. Good luck! You can do it! I lost 20 pounds with dedication and kept that weight off for years, so it is doable :) -from your fellow SITS girl @SheldaRaymonvil
    http://unmistakablydetermined.blogspot.com

    I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY?!? *heading to your blog now!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Very attainable indeed. Good luck! From SITS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! :)and for the luck! I will need every once.

      Delete
  4. AMEN!! I am totally feeling everything you posted here. I totally think you can DO it! You just have to take it week by week. I am so tired of people telling me "you look fine" or giving me side eyes when I say I'm on weight watchers or I can't eat that...Its about how I want to look and feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you can defintely make it happen. Like you said you know what to do you just have to implement it and be consistant. I am here to cheer you on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...