Monday, October 01, 2012

Real Chics, Real Food: Skinny Taste Thai Chicken and Pineapple Stir Fry


This recipe will definitely be added to my monthly rotation of recipes. It was a hit for dinner the first night, and just as amazing for lunch for the following 2 days. The Hubby and I had a little dispute over who would enjoy the final leftovers for lunch on the second day. Yes. It was that good.

I went shopping for this recipe last week, but then got side track and used some of peppers to make another dish, so I followed the recipe exactly for the exception of the peppers. I used half of a green pepper, sweet onions, and scallions to make up for a mixture of peppers. I love onions in my stir-fry so this substitution worked out perfectly. Gina from SkinnyTaste calculated this recipe to be 5 WW Points+ and/or 206.2 calories. Which my substitutions, it really shouldn't be much different from that since I just changed up the veggies.

And a note to anyone trying this, don't be nervous about the pineapple and chilli sauce. It has a unique flavor that just tastes like "stir-fry" when mixed in with a little bit of heat. I really cannot imagine having stir-fry without mixing a little of this in from now on. I was afraid it would be too spicy but after having the Hubby try it to make sure it wasn't, I just tossed it in and hopped for the best. And the best happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...