Monday, September 10, 2012

The Perfect Breakfast: 2 Ingredient Pancake

When I first read about the 2 Ingredient Pancake on one of my favorite blogs, Carrots N' Cake, I had a feeling that it would be really good. I love bananas and I love eggs, so putting them together shouldn't be so bad.

Nutritional Information: Calories 177, Carbs 27, Fat 5, Protein 7, Fiber 3
Calculated in MyFitnessPal

Despite the fact that this is only 177 calories, I really felt full. Over at Carrots N' Cake, Tina uses sunflower butter or almond butter on hers, so I added a little peanut butter to mine (that's not included in the calories above). It was seriously delicious. So here is how I made mine.

Ingredients:
1 medium banana (mine was a tad over ripe so it was easier to smash)
1 large egg

Directions:
Combine the scrambled egg with the mashed banana until smooth. In a frying pan coated with 0 calorie non-stick spray, pour the mixture into the pan (Just like a pancake!). The heat should be set to medium because it will take a little while to cook the first side. Once the edges get brown and the middle is bubbling up, it's time to flip it over. As you can see above... I lost a little of the mixture with my flip, but it all worked out in the end. The second side only needs a little time (approximately 5 minutes) to cook all the way through.

Note: if you flip the pancake too soon, it will really break apart and you will have a 2 ingredient mess in your frying pan. Be patient and make sure the bottom is brown before you flip it over. 

Let me know if you try this out. I know this will become part of my regular breakfast routine! And that you Tina for sharing this great recipe!

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...