Monday, October 22, 2012

Real Chics, Real Food: Low Fat Baked Ziti with Spinach with 1 WW Points+ Meatballs


Everyone boasts about how easy baked ziti is, but I never actually tried it myself. When I stumbled upon this healthy recipe from Skinny Taste, I had to give it a try. This was a hit with my husband... but not so much with me. There was a tad bit too much spinach for my liking. Given that I have to ease myself into eating more veggies, this was too much too soon. However, the flavor was still amazing, like all of Gina's recipes, I just couldn't deal with the texture of the spinach that was heavily dispersed throughout the pasta. For a good sized serving, it comes out to 8 WW Points+ or 296 calories. Not too shabby, right?

Being the carnivore that I am, I also had to make some meatballs to go on the side. I used my own recipe that you can find right HERE. And guess what? Each meatball is only 41 calories or 1 WW Points+.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...