Monday, October 15, 2012

Real Chics, Real Food: Thai Fried Rice from Skinny Taste


I love fried rice, but I know that I rarely can stop at a portion size so I don't allow myself to order it much. However, this yummy recipe from Skinny Taste not only satisfied my taste buds, but it was filling as well. Shortly after, I also made the recipe using brown rice and it was just as amazing.

In this recipe, I did not add the chicken breast just in case I wanted to eat it with another meat for lunch or dinner later in the week. I also eliminated the tomatoes and used 3 whole eggs instead of 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg. I just have this thing against wasting the half of the egg... I need to invest in some egg whites in the carton for cooking...

The recipe as written comes out to 8 WW Points+ or 320.8 calories. My version (without chicken, tomatoes and using whole eggs) comes out to 7 WW Points+ or 260 calories. 

Also, when cooking with the fish sauce... yes, it smells like fish, BUT please add it in to the recipe even if you are nervous (like I was). It really adds an authentic flavor to the rice. I can't imagine fried rice without it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...