Monday, January 14, 2013

Kandid Moments: Workout Recap

One of my New Year's Resolutions for WIOG was to share more posts that are real-time. I normally plan to write a lot of the posts on WIOG and do research, but didn't really share too much of what I am currently (as in right now this second) doing. So anytime you see a post that starts with "Kandid Moments" you will know that it is real-time. Feel free to follow me on Twitter if you want to stay up to date with my day. @KandidlyKim

This morning I woke up excited to work out. Yes, I actually said excited. 


Not only did I hit my targets for the previous week and got a trophy on my heart rate monitor, but I tried on a new pullover that I got for Christmas and realized that it had thumb holes. (Sometimes, it's the little things that keep me happy.) In case you are wondering my current program on my Polar watch is the following:

3 hours and 55 minutes of exercise per week in the following zones:
1 hour and 10 minutes in Zone 1 (131- 152 bpm)
2 hours and 25 minutes in Zone 2 (153 - 173 bpm)
20 minutes in Zone 3 (174 - 196 bpm)
1650 total burned calories for the week

Generally, I get about 4.5 hours of exercise per week so I always hit my overall goal, I just have trouble getting the appropriate amount of exercise in each zone. In the beginning, my zones were a bit lower, but over time my trainer adjusted them since my overall fitness level began to improve. 

Today's workout was cardio only since I have a personal training session tomorrow morning. I did 40 minutes on the elliptical using the MMA workout regime, 15 minutes on the stationary bike with the resistance on 10, and then I did some quick ab exercises to target my lower abs. 

Did you plan to workout today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...