Tuesday, January 08, 2013

#NYNR Day 2



Today is Day 2 of the #NYNR and it is honestly going really well! I think I am okay because I am allowed to have oatmeal and sweet potatoes. But one HUGE factor that I completely forgot to mention was not having to count calories. I asked in the forum for the challenge on Monday and both lovely ladies said it is not needed!

I cannot tell you what a relief it is for someone to tell me not to count calories. I have this odd obsession when I make myself do it. I have also been measuring and counting calories for so long now that I honestly shouldn't have to do it. I know what a portion size is. I know what is in the food I eat. And I also know when I overeat. So why do I count calories? Because it gives me comfort that I can look back to my food diaries.  I also have this secret obsession with tracking on MyFitnessPal so I can get the little notification about how many days I have tracked my food.... #don'tjudgeme. So, 15 days with no tracking (13 to go after today!) AND I am supposed to lose weight?! This may be the master plan for me.

On another note, I keep hearing that I look smaller. Some of my clothes are fitting looser, but I am not sure if that has to do with my husband's laundry techniques... The number on the scale went up a bit from the holidays, but it should start to do head in the right direction shortly since I am back exercising and eating correctly. I am going to resume my #50in52 posts with Week 16 (January 16th) after I have been able to get a handle on my life again.

How is everyone doing now that the holidays are over? And have you ever tried a gluten free diet?

2 comments:

  1. yeah, i think counting calories is just something i do to keep track ... when i eat a lot of calories one day i know for a fact that i have to be a little stricter the next day.

    i really wanted to try gluten free once but when i saw all the foods that contained gluten i gave it up.

    good luck with this. i know you are going to kill it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Faith! It is honestly not so bad at all. I thought I would be dying by day 2, but I am absolutely fine, no cravings, headaches, or overall crankiness from missing bread. :) (**chanting** do it, do it, do it. )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...