Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster

Stacy and I took our measurements on July 20th, and since then my weight loss has not been going how I wanted it to. I haven't gained much weight back, instead I am pretty much just at a weight-loss standstill. So I decided that I am hiding my scale until August 20th, which will be a full month to record my progress. One of the main reasons why I want to step away from the scale is because when I don't have a good weigh-in, I get depressed and then look for the nearest thing to eat. The sad part is that I don't even reach for the Doritos, I look for my Wheat Thins. Even though they are a healthier choice than Doritos eating too much of them does not help at all.

Lately I feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster, some days I wake up and I am ready to take over the world, I feel great, and I am much happier with how I look, and then there are some mornings when I literally go through my entire closet because nothing fits right. Weight-loss is definitely a mental journey as much as it is a physical one. Although I love the fact that I am losing weight and my clothes are fitting well, there is this small part of me that isn't quite ready to let go to the extra pounds. I have learned to be comfortable in my own skin, and I have definitely learned what outfits compliment my body so it is becoming harder and harder to lose the weight.

I refuse to let myself come in the way of continuing with becoming healthier. I know what I have to do, but I just felt that I would share this with you guys and let you know that everyone has struggles, and losing weight is really not easy. I have made a promise to myself and I intend on keeping it, so mark August 20th on your calendar. I'm ready to get off of this roller coaster, this ride is soon coming to an END!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...