Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Internal World

Earlier today, I spoke about really trying to go through this self-discovery process to help me help myself. This weekend when I was listening to a Jillian Michael's podcast , she made an excellent point to a caller. She said that the caller was viewing the external world through her internal problems. Therefore, she was projecting her negative thoughts on the external world so judgements were being made before she was even able to experience what was happening.

This was such a great point. I often feel myself getting self-conscious about trying new things because of my internal thoughts scaring me. I worry about embarrassment, failure, ect ect. When, in truth, the reality in the external world is probably not so negative or daunting.

Just a thought.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...