Thursday, November 10, 2011

Emotional Eating Part 3

"It doesn't take a traumatic event or a bad childhood to get hooked into eating for emotional reasons. But at some point, you probably faced a difficult situation and thought, 'If I eat something, maybe I'll feel better.' And you did." Linda Spangle

That is the quote that made me to decide to read Life Is Hard, Food Is Easy by Linda Spangle. Earlier this week I had been choosing between a few books (see post HERE), and this one seemed to really resonate with me. Throughout the book, the author inserts personal quotes from people who are struggling with emotional eating. Not to say that I am hoping to find the end all and be all cure from reading a simple book, but I am hoping to gain some clarity as to why I feel the way I do about food. Coincidentally, Amber and I started a detox on Monday, so I am really working hard to restrain myself from eating all of the foods I love. Perfect timing, I know.

Anywho, when I finish the book, probably by the end of the week, I will write a full review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...