FINALLY seeing progress in my weight loss journey feels better than:
- the "satisfaction" of eating Cheetos
- enjoying a glass of wine
- completing a workout at the gym
- reading about the weight loss of others and getting motivated
- spending money on gym memberships that I don't use
- lying to myself and saying that I am making changes to my diet
This week when I am looking at the scale and I see that I was able to lose a significant amount of weight in 1 WEEK and I remember how amazing I felt, I know that I can't let myself gain it back. I just cannot.
Yesterday, I went out to eat with my coworkers to celebrate a belated Boss' Day, and I ordered a salad and allowed myself to have a few pieces of the appetizer that we shared. I was proud of myself that I was able to not indulge because I would rather keep the weight off before I take a second helping of fried pickles. As long as I can remember this happy feeling, I feel that I will be able to keep the weight off for the long term.