Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Just Do It

So I found this picture and I could not stop thinking about it. I feel like it captures how I am feeling. Lately things have been great, but I have been thinking about all of the things I could have been doing a long time ago that I felt weren't important. Dwelling on the past does not do anything more than bring back old memories, and that is exactly what I found myself doing. I kept thinking about what my life would have been like if I stayed with my ex-boyfriend, or if I went to another school for my undergraduate years, or if I moved away for graduate school, or what I would have done if I didn't get my current position, and the list goes on.

All of my thinking just leads be to the infamous Nike quote "Just Do It." At this point this is what I have to do, I just have to do IT (whatever that is at the moment). Many times you get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and you put off so many things that can be now. There is really no time like the present, swelling on the past gets you no where, and adding things to your to-do-list don't get you much farther.

I constantly think about what I'm going to look like once I get to my goal weight, and what stores I plan to shop in, and how much better my life is going to be. But the reality is I am not putting in the effort needed to get to that point. Life is a journey and no matter what you are trying to accomplish, at some point you have to stop focusing so much energy on the past and the future so you can put all of your effort into correcting past mistakes and making your own future a reality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...