Tuesday, November 01, 2011

November's Motivation

 It's the beginning of the month, and I am trying to get myself back on track. I have spent the last few weeks eating, drinking, and not exercising. I have allowed myself to just do what I feel, when I feel. The results, you ask? I haven't actually gained a single lb, but I know that I want more for myself. Amber and I constantly have "fresh starts" and "last chance meals", and them we embark on this life changing journey to change everything in our lives at the same time. When, we should actually be try taking some baby steps to help us create more long-lasting changes.

So in my reading today, I decided that I should try monthly goals. I got this idea from THIS amazing blog.So here it goes. (I am thinking that 5 goals per month shouldn't be too overwhelming, and I want them to focus on mental, physical, and emotional growth.)
November Goals
1. Exercise at least 2x per week for 30min or more.  Now, I was doing way more than this about 1.5 months ago, but I have gotten extremely overwhelmed, so I am starting with small attainable goals.
2. Be more diligent with not eating "white" carbs.  This basically means that I need to get off my lazy bum and make myself cook brown rice instead of eating the yummy white rice that my fiance eats about 2 - 3 times per day. If I want to lose weight, I cannot eat like a man who couldn't gain 2lbs if he ate Krispy Kremes all day.
3. Take at least 1 hour a week to do whatever I want except sleep more. I need to take some time out to enjoy being around me. To make sure that I am okay AND that I don't go crazy from school, work, family/friends, wedding planning....
4. Complete my book club book. Every month. This may always end up being a goal each month. I feel that reading (inside and outside or school) is very important for my own personal growth. Also, there is no point in being in a book club if I don't take the time to read the book. The first month I didn't finish it, but this past month I finished reading it 1 week early. This month, our meeting doesn't give us much time BUT it's only 175pgs. That's doable.
5. Find alternative rewards for myself, besides food. When I feel that I have a great week, I go out to dinner. I feel that I owe it to myself to eat what I want once a week... or more. Why can't I indulge with a manicure? Or a massage? It doesn't always have to be mac n cheese. AND when I do go out (like I plan on doing this upcoming Monday with some college girlfriends) I should do my best to eat within reason. If I have a calorie loaded entree, than I don't need a drink or an appetizer. 

So there goes November! I will report on progress and give an update at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...