Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Questions for Reflection

In the HBW newsletter that I received on Sunday November 6th, Rosetta Thurman asked a few questions that really hit home for me. I thought I would go ahead and answer the questions below in reference to my health and fitness journey.



Questions for Reflection:

1. Where in your life do you need to start over?
    I need to commit to starting over with my health and fitness goals. Staring over is probably the wrong term for me since LORD KNOWS I have started over several times, but I need to commit myself to making a serious change.

2. What would it look like for you to start over successfully in this area of your life?
    I hope that my health would significantly improve. My skin would stop breaking out. I'd have massive amounts of energy. I would feel confident in my appearance and not as self-conscience as I normally feel.  

3. What's the worst thing that could happen if you started over? What's the best thing?
    The worst thing that could happen is exactly what is happening now. Nothing. I continue to do nothing and not see results and I grow resentful. The best thing!? I would be happy and proud of myself. I would be making a lifelong change that would stay with me. I would have new and positive habits that I could continue to build upon. AND, I would feel successful.


4. Where in your life have you started over before? How did you handle it?
    I've started over in relationships, or course, moving to NY from out-of-state, moving to new apartments, starting graduate school, new jobs... seriously, the list could go on. As I am making this not-so-comprehensive list I am realizing that I have done this several times before. AND I just did it. I didn't complain or not commit fully, I just buckled down and did what I needed/wanted to do in order to accomplish the end goal. That almost makes me a little upset. 

5. Who can you ask for help to make the transition easier? 
    Obviously I have the wonderful Amber but I feel like I need to look within myself. When Amber and I met with the nutritionist, we knew just as much we they did (which was pretty disappointing). We were looking for direction when we knew the answers already. I need to look to myself to just do it. If I was able to make all of the transitions in question #4, why can't I do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...