Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Benefits of Drinking Tea

Every morning I start my day with a cup of tea. My fiance claims that drinking tea before eating helps to get your body ready to start processing food. "It essentially warms up your body, and move the gas out of your stomach". (That's why you burp after drinking tea sometimes.)That what he says. So since we started living together, I have gotten into the habit of drinking tea before most of my meals. So, I did a little research:
  • The Chinese are often drink a cup of tea after their meal to aid in digetstion and "wash away the oils".
  • Green Tea has been shown to increase your metabolism so that you can burn 70 to 80 additional calories by drinking just five cups of green tea per day.
  • Black Tea can give you the caffeine boost that is needed for some of us to get out of bed in the morning MINUS the jitters and is known to give the added bonus of clearer skin.
  • Tea is known to be a relaxing drink in the US. We generally drink tea, if at all, after dinner or right before bedtime. BUT it does show some benefits in the morning as well. It proves to be a great way to hydrates you and warm your body up which will actually engergize you in the morning. The body needs water to stay hydrated and fully functioning, so tea seems like a great way to start the day, especially if you are a non-breakfast eater.
    What do you drink in the morning?

2 comments:

  1. I love Tea! I used to start my day with a cup of Green Tea from the office Keurig and work my way up to at least three cups by end of day, but I've been having a bad reaction to caffeine lately so I switched to starting my day off with a fresh-pressed veggie juice from my favorite fruit cart and having peppermint/fresh mint tea after dinner if I eat out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good habit! I never got hooked onto the Green Tea no matter how hard I tried. AND the veggie juice!?! Wow, more power to you. That is a habit that I should try to pick up on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...