Thursday, December 29, 2011

Real Chics, Real Food: Chicken Stew

This recipe was tip from a coworker that is sure to make you feel warm, cozy, and filled inside. My coworker actually referred to this recipe, paired with arroz con gandules, as the panty-dropper. So, I applied the same recipe, with white rice since I detest beans, to see if I could drop some boxers in my home. #smiles



Ingredients

1 whole chicken, cut up ( I used a pack of drumsticks)
1 can tomato sauce
1/4 cup of sofrito
3 cups red cooking wine
1 package of chicken bouillon
3-4 potatoes cut up into bite size pieces (I used red potatoes)
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 large sweet onion
2 teaspoons of salt
1 tablespoon of pepper

In a large pot, mix the can of tomato sauce and sofrito. Add the bouillon, garlic, salt and pepper and let heat up until it bubbles lightly. Next mix in 1 cup of wine, potatoes and onions.

Next add the chicken and pour in remaining wine. I took the liberty of dusting my chicken in a little bit of Abobo just to make sure it was seasoned well, but it turned out to not be necessary. Add water to pot, if needed, to cover all of the chicken. Cook on a medium to low temperature for approximately 1-2 hours depending on how large the chicken is stirring frequently to allow potatoes to thicken the stew.

Serve over your favorite rice and enjoy! I served mine with white rice and corn bread with honey butter. (Recipe coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...