Friday, January 06, 2012

C25K Week 1 Workout 3

This morning I woke up and absolutely did not feel like running. At all. I was tired, cranky, and completely unmotivated, but I pushed through it anyways. I decided that I would take a 60minute spin class before my run to do some type of cross training. Plus my favorite spin instructor teaches in Friday mornings.

Spin was intense as usual. Today was a strength ride, so you are basically climbing a increasingly difficult hill the entire class. Fun, I know. But the teacher is great and there is a camaraderie in the class among all of the regulars. Even though I hadn't been in months, some people still remembered me AND the teacher came up to me after class and commented on my ride. She said that I was "killing it" since I never gave up! It felt so good to hear that someone noticed my efforts in the class. I really tried to stay on target with the suggested amount of resistance instead of cheating myself and lowering it.

So after I left spin, sweaty and revved up to run. I got onto the treadmill and started my C25K run. I decided not to listen to a podcast today and just listen to one of the  music stations from the tv that is connected to the treadmill at the gym. I timed out my 90 seconds of running and 2 minutes of recovery perfectly until....

I had this intense urge to pee. 


I know, TMI.  But this has never happened to me before. I didn't think it could be that urgent, so I kept on running, but by the end of my 4th running cycle (and there are 6 in the workout), I was running my behind to the bathroom before I embarrassed myself. I didn't even get to check what my mileage was at!

Anywho, I want to try to get back into the gym tomorrow and do some more cardio. Probably redo the C25K workout or use the stairclimber and hit the steam room so I can get rid of some bloat and deep condition my hair. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...