Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's more than just looking good

These past few weeks have been a bit of a struggle. The lack of sleep, hours of exercise and non-stop schedule  finally caught up to me. So I have noticed that my scale has not budged, I haven't gained any weight (thank God) but I haven't actually lost any weight either. However, I have started to noticed that my clothes are beginning to fit differently now, so I know something is working. I have been eating well with some cheat meals here and there, and I have been trying to exercise as much as possible, but I finally had to take a week off. Although my mind was in the gym on the stair climber, my body would not budge from my bed.

It was during my week off from the gym that I really began to think about my weight loss journey. When I first decided to lose weight I said that I wanted to be a size 8 and that my goal was to fit into a bikini by the summer. But now after working hard and changing my eating habits and incorporating more exercise into my life I have noticed that it is becoming more than just looking good, I want to feel good as well. When I do not exercise I can feel the difference, I become moody, I feel tired, and I am definitely more sensitive. Once I hit the gym and get over the fact that I am up before the crack of dawn I am on cloud nine. In order for losing weight to become attainable you have to find a reason deeper than just looking good. Whether you lose weight or not you are still the same person your body just changes. Looks can only get you but so far. Sure after the first 10/15 pounds down you get excited, but if you have more to lose what can you turn to for motivation?

Losing weight can definitely boost your self-esteem but it does so much more. You can so much more energy, you gain confidence, improve your health, and you discover things about yourself that you never knew. Who wouldn't want to be on the cover of a fitness magazine, or fit into your favorite pair of jeans, but at the end of the day what does that prove? There has to be more to weight loss than just changing your outside appearance.

For me I just want to be healthy. My family has a history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer, and I know that I am way to young and I have too much life to live than to throw my health away because I have a sweet tooth.  I love myself way too much to throw away all of my hard work and to let my own life slip out of my hands. I don't think I have been more committed to this journey as I am now, I feel like a new leaf turned over and I am ready to take over the world. It's amazing what a change of mindset can do for you.

That's it for now, thanks for reading and stay fab <3.

4 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome post! I think that sometimes people really only focus on losing numbers on the scale, but you are right, it is really about so much more. Being healthy and taking care of the body that God has given us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's hard not to focus on numbers since that's how most people measure if their work is paying off. But sometimes you have to base your success off of how you feel.

      Delete
  2. So true! I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...