Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 2 Independence Day Challenge

If you are looking for the specs on the challenge, check out the first Independence Day Challenge post for full details. Feel free to jump in and join us at any time.

This week's HIGHS:

I had my training session on Friday with my wonderful trainer from 24 In 24 Out. Although I was a complete bum this week, I kicked butt in my session. Reggie had me truly lifting heavy for the first time. I really didn't think that I would be able to do it. But I did. The secret was to not really ask him how heavy he was putting the weight. If I didn't know, I would lift it until I at least got to 6-8reps. I normally aim for 15reps, but the weight had me tapped out early by the 3rd set. I was able to burn over 500 calories in a 1 hour workout with weight training and only 5 minutes of super-light cardio.


This weeks LOWS:
The number on the scale basically stayed the same. I ate a whole bunch of salt last night before I weighed in this morning so I know the +1lb is not accurate. 

I don't know what my problem was this week. I did not do anything as planned. As usual, I didn't eat terribly. No cheesy nachos and Chinese food everyday, but I couldn't get my chunky behind into the gym until my training session. I know my schedule is hectic because of finals, so I allowed myself to not completely beat myself up. After reading all of  Chris Powell's "Choose to Lose: The 7 Day Carb Cycle Solution", I have decided that I am not going to go through with it just yet. I keep saying that I want to change my lifestyle, not just go onto a plan. I don't do well on plans. I feel overwhelmed and super constricted and end up sabotaging myself.

What I plan to do this week is really concur my eating. Reggie, my trainer, always tells me that eating is my problem, because when I go to the gym, I kill myself. I have some possible tricks up my sleeve to get my behind to see some results and stay motivated BUT I cannot share them just yet. I am beginning to feel like a big-time loser for motivating others and sharing my story when I haven't really had much success... yet. But I will. 
                                                                      Source: carterfitness.com via KandidlyKim on Pinterest



How are you doing with the challenge thus far? We have got to stay together and keep motivated.
 
Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Awww I have my days when I feel the same way. My eating has not been on point either and the scale has not moved. Good thing it hasn't went up though but I definitely wish it would go down a bit so I don't feel defeated.

    Stay encouraged girl. Every day is a new day to start new and make a new commitment to yourself. :) We can do this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I started today with some cardio... and I am heading back to the gym tonight for some strength training.

      Delete
  2. The scale isn't moving much for me either ;) BUT I am working out and feeling amazing afterwards, so I will work from there. I am all about the heavy weights. I am always looking to go heavier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you would like to ensure you get email updates to any or all of Angel's articles please subscribe clicking the hyperlink below or join her Facebook Fan Page Http://Viewn.Us this has been the case for a whole large amount of people inside the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on WIOG! We may not always reply but we read every single word you write. If you want to chat one on one asap, email us at kimberly@workitoutgurl.com or amber@workitoutgurl.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...